What support will I receive as a Charity Volunteer?

Accommodation will be provided if needed, you will also be eligible for subsistence, and a period of leave (up to 20 days per year). However, as a Charity Volunteer you will not be paid.

Do I need a visa or need to meet any conditions in order to become a Charity Volunteer with the Trust?

You will need to go through the same vetting process and satisfy the same visa requirements as a normal employee, however, as you are a volunteer you will not be paid.

How long will it take the training take?

2 years

Will I get a qualification?

The Biodynamic Training programme is not currently accredited. Upon completion, participants will get a certificate of participation from Ruskin Mill Land Trust, and a transcript that details their learning.

How much holiday will I get?

If you are an RMT Charity Volunteer you will get 20 days unpaid leave per year.

How many hours a week will I work and learn? 

As an RMT Charity Volunteer it will be full time work (minimum 35 hours per week). Independent study is also expected.

Who do I talk to if I want to know more?

Peter Van Vliet
Email: Peter.VanVliet@fmc.rmt.org
Phone: 07975 793 193

Do I need a visa?

Not if you are a EEA national, if you are a non EEA national then you could apply for a Tier 5 Charity Worker visa, however this is only for a maximum of 12 months.

If you are interested in applying for Charity Worker sponsorship from outside of the EU, please contact us for further details.